I arrived home tonight at 7 p.m. but before I left this morning I had taken out 4 frozen pieces of filet of sole purchased fresh last weekend. By 7:35 I was enjoying a light and luscious fish dinner that anyone can prepare. Give this a try if you are on a reduced calorie diet or if you just love fish. Most of the added ingredients and seasonings are in most pantries. I had just enough time to run outside and take a photo while there was still some daylight!
What's nice about this meal is that I had two pieces leftover that will make a tasty sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Take the leftover pieces and use a whole wheat 100 calorie sandwich round available in every supermarket. Load up the sandwich with lettuce, tomato, a slice of red onion or any other garnish you prefer. Add a small dollop of low-fat mayo and you'll have another quick and easy low-cal meal.
What you need
3-4 pieces of filet of sole
Pepper, tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- While oven is heating, rinse and dry flounder or sole pieces.
- Place in glass pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Sprinkle fresh breadcrumbs on fish then lightly sprinkle oregano, lemon pepper, basil lightly over pieces
- Bake for 25 minutes until fish loses it's translucency.
- Place on a bed of mescaline lettuce drizzled with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- Top with pepper and slice tomato.