Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hanging Art: A Tedious Process

If it was easy anyone could do it.


But it really applies here.


This will be a very short entry...I didn't meet with much success in my plan to populate a triangular shaped wall in my home with meaningful and interesting art. In fact, I only hung one more picture today..and it needs an adjustment. This post doesn't rate a photo!


Yesterday, I went to the mall with two pictures that needed fresh mattes...one the Chinese hand drawn letters spelling my name in Mandarin and the other a pen and ink of the Nantucket waterfront I did back in the 70s. My policy of not purchasing any more frames came back to haunt me. When I got home today with the ready-to-frame art I discovered hat I had a frame but no glass for one and glad but no frame for he other. Hmmmm.......


But in searching for a frame I discovered a signed watercolor of Bermuda that had the right stuff: art/glass/matte/frame...so I hung it. It's a bit close to the silver wall sconce I hung on Monday and will need the wire elongated.  


All in all, not a very productive day.


Tomorrow: Defending nuns.







No comments:

Post a Comment