In honor of Fashion Week here in New York City, I've selected a few fashionable words that have been in the papers the last few days and some others that are just fashion mysteries...you know, you've heard the word or term but were afraid to ask what it actually meant!
Here then is the test. This week, check The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post and the New York Times for 2011 Spring fashion...it always pays to spot the trends early!
1. enlightening statement 2. appreciative of a good time 3. the state of being profound 4. collecting money for higher education
1. moderate to deep red 2. bright intense green 3. dress worn in the 1920s 4. state of being calm
1. pen for animals 2. polished bright shell of gastropod 3. afraid 4. animal print
1. without resolve 2. oddly shaped polygon 3. omnipresent 4. Asian belt style
1. strong desire 2. draining the nasal cavity 3. saintly 4. style of tall tapered tower
1. ten-year education plan 2. religious dress 3. low cut dress 4. card shark strategy
soigné1. well-groomed 2. French fashion designer 3. French university 4. brunch item
3. the state of being profound
1. moderate to deep red
2. polished bright shell of gastropod
1. strong desire
3. low cut dress
If you got them all correct you deserve to be in the front row on the runway!
Tomorrow: Know your fashion designers...impress your friends!