Sunday, September 12, 2010

Why Jason Wu is a Star! 2011 Spring Fashion Weekend


Love this dress!
“Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle. This is why any authentic creation is a gift to the future.” 
—Albert Camus



Jason Wu's show opener on style.com.
Can't you see Michelle in this? 
Or me?
If. 


If I had the money, the body, the places to go.... I'd like to go everywhere this spring wearing Jason Wu's 2011 collection presented here in New York on Friday afternoon. Well actually, sometimes I am lucky enough to have some nice events to go to but those other two big 'ifs' get in the way! 


Jason Wu, the Taiwanese native now in New York, is in his 20s but is light years ahead of his age, not just in the design and construction of his designs but in his use of color, variety and wearability. OK there were maybe one too many see-through shirts (not sure why designers do that. Really.) But every outfit provoked a thought much like "I could wear that at...." and to me, this makes his show authentic. 




Check out the rosettes...and get busy!
Great black suit.
Authenticity - isn't that we all strive for no matter what business we're in? I've posted some of the runway collection here but I suggest that you take a look at the complete show on style.com. A generous helping of ruffles, petal skirts and dresses, classic clutches and oversized bags and large Harry Potter-like glasses are the reasons why Jason Wu designs are sold in over 120 venues.  Notice the details too...didn't I see a few rosettes on the tops and jackets? I've decided that's my gift theme for the year..there so easy to make! I'm re-inspired!


Now about the lumpy body..........


Tomorrow: Let's check out Victoria Beckham's show!

No comments:

Post a Comment